I was reading Human Physiology for my PG preparation these days and I got fascinated by the human brain. The most vital structure of the human body remains the least explored even at the present times with all the modern technologies at our beck and call but to understand the working of human brain still remains a challenge to the neuro-scientists. What we know till day is just some anatomy, some significant areas of our interests medically and used for curing diseases but nobody paid attention to the vastly barren areas of human brain. Just because it seems too difficult to penetrate, increasing complexity at each step and lack of Human volunteers and research funds not sufficing enough to encourage the scientists interested. In the brain what fascinated me most was the limbic system and the hippocampus, the generator of all emotions and feelings - both positive and negative. It is said that all the great persons had something in common their approach towards life and their way of thinking. Well the answer to greatness lies somewhere in between the layers of cortex of the limbic system, allocortex and juxtallocortex. The whole brain appears to me as a great electromagnetic field interacting constantly with other electromagnetic fields of the universe having a great impact on the universe. I hope during the coming years the scientists come up with the answers which are not yet answered :-
- Why only human evolved so fast that they left all the other species who were left way behind during the process of evolution ?
- Why do some people reach extra-ordinary levels of greatness while others lag behind being mediocre ?
- What is our thought process and how does it affect our lives ?
- Do we have something called luck or the chance factor ? Can we really control our lives ?
-What is that portion of the human brain which is the most central to all these questions ?
- Do we really have a "soul" inside our body ?
- Can we really apply all the laws of physics and nature to an organic body still capable of acting like a metal conducting electricity ??
- Do we have a direct connection with God at some level in our life ?
- What is "God" exactly understood by us ?
- Myself and all of us accept the presence of a higher energy which regulates us all , so how does the regulation takes place ?
To find the answers of the above questions and many others yet unanswered we have to wait for the future and search for the clues in the divine quotes and writings of the great saints and religious preachers of past. The world seems interconnected by a force binding us, the origin lies somewhere in our minds. Can you really "think" about it ??